(You can choose or or both)

Friday, July 06, 2012

Captain Corelli


Voilà comment les enfants deviennent lecteurs avides: ils nous voient lire, ça les fascine, et pour nous sortir de nos livres et attirer notre attention, ils nous les piquent !
The only book I got all the way through (except for comic strips) was Captain Corelli's Mandolin. I'm guessing there is probably nobody reading this blog who read it recently enough to remember much about the plot, but it definitely sucked me in, and apart from a minor gripe (the author prewarning me about some of the bad things that would happen), I really enjoyed it. It definitely left me wanting to check the historicity of the novel (which I haven't had time to do yet!).

1 comment yet :

Viv Simkins said...

Impressive. I struggled with the beginning, all the war stuff, but it got better. Think you might even have given it to me as a birthday present yonks ago