(You can choose or or both)

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Car ... Voiture


Sur place (en Italie), en sortant en marche arrière de la cimetière, j'ai un petit peu cogné dans un lampadaire. C'était l'occasion de visiter une casse avec mon beau-frère, d'où on est sorti avec un haillon arrière plus vitre pour 150 euros, qu'un copain carrosier a monté pour rien!
Reversing out of the cemetry in Apricena, I hit a lamppost, and made a big dent in the back of the car. I asked my brother-in-law if there wasn't a place for picking up second hand parts, and he took me to a yard where I came away with the compete back door, including the glass, for 150 euros, which a friend then fitted for free!


Un soir qu'on traîné trop longtemps dehors, j'ai installé les enfants dans le coffre pour qu'ils n'aient pas trop froid.

Quand j'ai voulu donné mon pull à Rebecca, elle a dit "mais tu n'auras pas froid?". J'étais bouche-bée qu'un enfant de 4 ans et demi puisse avoir un tel réflexe: il y a bien des adultes qui ne l'ont pas!
One evening when we stayed out a bit late, and had forgotten the girl's coats, I stuck them in the boot to keep warm while the grown-ups were nattering.

When I offered my jumper to Rebecca, she said "but won't you be cold?". I'm completely gob-smacked that a four-year-old could react like that. There's lots of adults who never get that far..

No comments yet :