(You can choose or or both)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The maths of stupid ... Un calcul de con

"Encore juste ce petit bout avant de me coucher" - et voilà, pour une fois j'aurais mieux fait de regarder la télé!

Vous vous demandez peut-être comment j'ai fait pour me blesser à deux endroits en même temps. Et ben, c'était pas en même temps - la première blessure est de 2 jours avant. Oui, je me suis fait avoir deux fois! C'est pas pour rien que c'est marqué 'con' dans le titre!
"I'll just finish this bit off before going to bed" - for once, I'd have been better advised to watch the telly!

You may be wondering how I managed to cut myself in two places at once. I'm afraid that it wasn't at once, it was twice - the first cut was from two days ago. I managed to knacker myself twice. That's why it says 'stupid' in the title...

Pour les curieux, voilà la taille et position de la blessure, dessiné sur l'autre main. Et oui, j'ai dû passé à l'hôpital (l'autre j'ai soigné tout seul). 1 point soucutané, 4 points normaux.

Bizzarrement ça n'a pas fait trop mal - sur le coup il y avait l'adrenaline, pendant les points il y avait l'anethésie, et puis j'ai pris juste un anti-douleur pour dormir. Je me suis dit que la journée c'est mieux sans anti-douleur - comme ça j'évite de faire de nouvelles conneries.  De toute façon j'ai interdiction de bricoler pour l'instant. Dommage, parce que j'ai toujours pas fini la cuisine!

For the curious, here is the (approximate) size and position of the cut, drawn on the other hand. Notice how it artfully avoids ligaments and veins. It piddled quite a bit, but not in jets. I handled the first cut on my own - the second one I had to go to the hospital. After a 2 hour wait, I got one subcutaneous stitch, and 4 surface ones. The staff at the hospital were delightful (more Cameron than House).

Strangely, it didn't hurt that much - immediately afterwards the adrenaline worked wonders (I even had time to clean the blood stains off the floor!). I got a local anaesthetic during the stitches (just as well, 'cos she had a good ol' poke around inside before to try and see how bad it was. Just one pain killer for tonight. This morning it's bearable and I figure it's best to keep the pain as a reminder not to do any more stupids. In any case, Madame has put her foot down with regards to my DIY activities. Shame, 'cos the kitchen's not finished yet.

1 comment yet :

Anonymous said...

Nah! Get back on the horse PDQ.
Miss P. fell off three times and still going strong. All part of life's rich pattern......
Pater