(You can choose or or both)

Monday, March 18, 2019

The lost world of journalism?



I don't expect you to have the patience to sit through this interview, but I include it for completeness' sake.

What struck me for the first time here is that it seems that what passes for 'research' amongst journalists these days is going and reading what all their colleagues have written. A lot of what came back in this interview seemed to be points that have already been done to death. The interviewer seemed to be trying to communicate with an avatar of Jordan Peterson created from the perception of a host of antagonistic journalists. So there wasn't really anything interesting because the answers were basically "I'm not who you think I am". Pity.

What's fascinating is that people just keep coming. I think this freaks out the media, because they are losing their roles as gatekeepers (or high-priests) of society. And the more they bluster, the less people have reason to believe them.

Just bought Twelve Rules for Life in French, I'm going to test it on a few people here :)

No comments yet :