(You can choose or or both)

Friday, October 05, 2018

Rora, Exeter, Beaconside


Gros petit déjeuner à l'hôtel.
Big breakfast at our Plymouth hotel.


J'a pris le petit déjeuner à l'anglaise. J'avoue que j'ai perdu l'habitude du boudin!
Full English for me (though I must admit I've got out of the habit of black pudding).


Ensuite on s'est arrêté à Rora: un lieu mythique de mon enfance où j'ai fait mes premiers camps, et vécu mon premier rejet en amour (bon, j'avais 10 ans, elle aussi, elle avait peut-être raison!).
I took a detour on our way to North Devon. First stop Rora House, where I have many memories from... a long time ago. This is where I was first turned down by a girl. Given that I was ten at the time, and she was too, I guess she probably had a point.


Ensuite Danes Road, Exeter, où j'ai vécu une année d'uni, avec on ami Pierrick, et deux filles dont je ne me rappelle plus les noms (honte à moi!).
Next stop Danes Road, Exeter, where I lived for a year with Pierrick, and two young ladies whose names I can't remember (sorry!). Still got a mug they gave me for my birthday.


J'ai passé ma première année d'uni ici. J'ai partagé une chambre avec Stefan, un chic type qui était premier de sa famille à aller à l'université. Il est devenu biologiste marine. Il m'a fait découvrir Led Zeppelin, et je lui ai fait découvrir Rachmaninov !
Then Marden Hall, where I stayed in my first year. My room was top left, at the far end. I shared with Stefan Bolam, who was the first person in his family to go to uni. Ended up becoming a Marine Biologist. He introduced me to Led Zeppelin, I introduced him to Rachmaninof !


Ensuite on est arrivé à Beaconside, pour le cousinade. Ici Kalia avec son grandpère.
Then we drove on to Beaconside, for the family 'do'. Kalia here with Pop.


Une vue du paysage ondulé, typique du Devon.
A view of typical Devonshire rolling countryside.


Rebecca joue au ping pong avec son grandpère.
Rebecca playing table tennis with Pop.

No comments yet :