(You can choose or or both)

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Blast from the past ... Regard en arrière


Je n'ai jamais été tellement porté sur le côté 'nostalgie', mais avec l'âge qui avance, on quand même tendance à avoir quelques regards en plus dans le retro.

Pendant mes études, et encore quelques années après - alors que je ne trouvais pas de travail dans ma branche (et n'était franchement pas certain de vouloir trouver) - j'ai bossé sur des chantiers. Mes bottes (qui étaient déjà second-pied) ont été maintes fois rafistolées (avec des vis, scotch, colle), sont restées chez mes parents pour devenir des pots dans le jardin.
I've never been much into nostalgia, but I have to admit that with the see-saw of life 'sawing' into the second half, I have been looking in the rear-view mirror slightly more often.

During uni holidays, and for a few years after - when I hadn't yet found a job in my chosen profession (and frankly wasn't sure I'd chosen the right one) - I worked as a builder. My boots (which were already second-foot) were regularly fixed up with screws, tape, glue, whatever (I also painted them white to stop them getting too hot in the sun). And after I 'retired' they ended up being re-purposed into plant pots.


Une dame 'artiste' qui a logé un temps chez mes parents m'a pris comme modèle pour un travail de sculpture qu'elle devait effectuer. Je crois que quelqu'un s'est amusé à colorier les yeux depuis, mais mon effigie se trouve aussi dans le jardin, où cette jeune grive est venue se poser.
My parents also had an 'artist' lodger for a while, who decided to use me as a model for her sculpture project. I think someone painted the rather scary eyes in since. Anyway, my 'bust' has also ended up in the garden where this young thrust stopped for a rest.


Nourrie par sa mère, elle n'est pas partie avant de déposer sa carte de visite (pas visible sur la photo).
Mummy thrush feeding young thrush, who left a calling card (not visible in this photo) before flying off again.

No comments yet :