(You can choose or or both)

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Dragon tail ... Queue du dragon


La queue du dragon se présentait un peu plus compliqué. Au début je pensais utiliser les anneaux de la grille à gateau trouvé à la déchetterie, mais je n'arrivais pas à les séparer. Alors j'ai dû finir par faire mes propres anneaux avec des cintres.

The dragon tail was looking a bit complicated. I originally intended to use the rings from the cooling rack that I got from the tip, but I couldn't get them apart. So I ended up making my own rings from coat hangers.


Une fois les anneaux insérés dans la 'colonne vertebrale' il a fallu les stabiliser, avec un système de fils de jardin.
Once I'd inserted the rings into the 'backbone', I held them up with a kind of truss system, made with gardening twice and liberal amounts of hot glue.


Puis commencer à coller le tissu au tour, un cylindre à la fois (et oui, c'était début février et l'arbre de Noêl y était encore!).
Then started gluing on strips of material, one 'ring' at a time (and yes, it was February and that's a Christmas tree in the background).

No comments yet :